Help build DFA#39;s public relations (PR) approach and execute PR activities aimed at our farmer-owners, customers, consumers and influencers across the country and internationally. Play a key role in expanding our external communication function by working closely with communications, media, social media, and marketing colleagues. Participate in strategic projects and have hands-on responsibility for driving PR activities across the Cooperative and branded businesses that will build awareness and advocacy for DFA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build awareness for DFA and increase overall reputation for the Cooperative by developing and executing engaging and inspiring external communication plans and assets
- Help set the public agenda with topics and issues strategically important to DFA
- Work closely with social media colleagues and agencies leveraging DFA and brand content across all channels
- Work with the communication leadership team to develop an overarching external communication strategy
- Collaborate closely with DFA#39;s milk and membership and commercial businesses on developing tactics and plans, and drive operational excellence in all PR activities across the organization. Translate strategic focus into engaging communication
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Partner with the press officer to deliver stories across earned media channels to consumer, business, and trade press. Assist in media training and media requests
- Support our brands in campaigns and product launches with strong and impactful PR encompassing news media, social media and engaging influencers