ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the implementation and coordination of the elements of PSM, RMP and other supporting environmental and safety programs, regulatory compliance and the integrity of the industrial ammonia refrigerant systems.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Implement PSM programs and ensure that regulatory requirements are met as required by all regulatory bodies.
• Provide direction to all teams and assist the plant in developing, implementing and sustaining plant specific policies, procedures, programs and training to achieve and maintain compliance with Health & Safety and environmental laws and regulations.
• Conduct routine meetings with designated refrigeration personnel. Educate personnel on program aspects to include hazard recognition, inspections and how to address gaps.
• Maintain a working knowledge of PSM, RMP, and applicable state and federal rules and regulations. Provide technical and high level PSM related training as required.
• Implement and maintain the above regulations, requirements and programs.
• Conduct and assist with audits and inspections of plant performance and activities.
• Coordinates, and participates in PSM and RMP program activities at a local and asset level which include management of change, pre-startup safety review, and process hazard analysis activities. The PSM Coordinator also coordinates and participates in field MOC and PSSR meetings when needed.
• The PSM Coordinator monitors and assists in training on operating procedures including the annual review/certification and initial/refresher training.
• Promotes a process safety culture and drives improvements in the PSM/RMP programs.
• Oversees and coordinates development and updates to a facility’s process safety information as required by PSM/RMP regulations.
• Provides support during OSHA and EPA audits of the PSM and RMP programs or other regulatory audits of refrigeration.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: Requires a high school diploma/GED and mechanical inclination. Knowledge of ammonia systems, RSM / PSM knowledge, RETA certification a plus.
Additionally, we offer:
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· 401K package
· Vacation and Personal days
· Referral Bonus