The Gold Canyon Meat Co. Buyer procures product by vendor, geographic area, or customer for a single distribution location.. (S)he is responsible for professional and timely communication with internal and external customers. Communications across department lines and with key customers is a critical element in this position. (S)he is responsible for order fill, inventory levels and flow, correct product PO cost, and achieving the company goals in these areas.(S)he supports activities, related strategies, and planning to achieve objectives involving purchasing, vendor payment, and storage of product. This position requires an individual capable of multitasking and project prioritization. This position requires highly detailed and precise execution. Correct execution at this level eliminates waste up and downstream.
- Meet established goals for Order Fill measured by daily lost sales within the division.
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by percent of inventory > 28 days to total inventory within the division.
- Manage SKU count measured by total SKU’s, aged inventory, and slow-moving items within the division.
- Manage cost of goods through vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases, and cost of freight within the Division.
- Strong people skills
- Strong team player
- Understanding and support of the SFC Culture as attached.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor#39;s degree (B. S.) from college or university; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must receive level two purchasing training and pass the associated test within 90 days of employment.
- Must have basic Word, Excel and Math skills.
- Must have Protein Purchasing Experience