Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Project Engineer--Minster in our Minster, Ohio manufacturing facilities.
In this role you will be accountable for:
As part of the dairy manufacturing plant engineering team, the Project Engineer will be responsible for capital project management for the Processing, Filling and Packaging environments of the facility. He/she will lead small, medium and large scale projects to deliver the business needs using sound project management knowledge and tools, and full cooperation of the manufacturing facility. Full scope of duties include project investigation and recommendation of projects related to application of equipment, automation systems, and/or manufacturing technologies in the Processing, Filling and Packaging environments and ensuring requirements of personnel safety, food safety, energy and water conservation are met for the Minster, Ohio facility. Additional responsibilities will include:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in and manage requisition and capital authorization requests and be accountable for project spending and providing technical and management expertise on engineering projects as assigned by the Plant Engineering Manager.
- Projects could include new construction and modification of existing equipment or infrastructure. Project involvement from concept to budget, justification, and design phase through planning, risk analysis, resource identification, implementation, commissioning and closing.
- Ensure that the business needs are well validated by a cross-section of the business and translated into equipment requirements for improving or expanding the plant operations (including new product launches and innovations) and making major repairs to systems and buildings.
- Interact with plant teams (Packaging, Processing, Quality, Finance, Management, etc.), Corporate Engineering, Sourcing & Supplier Development, R&D, Danone Engineering Worldwide, and appropriate vendors, suppliers, contractors, operators, and auditors.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the necessary resources to ensure the safe, timely and successful completion of projects.
- Establish strong, professional relationships with vendors and suppliers, Danone North America sister companies, and other sources of applicable technologies.
- Writing specifications and referencing Global Danone Standards.
- Preparing technical proposals for feasibility study of new concepts, launch of new products, and improvement of current products.
- Assist in development of a master and strategic plan for both packaging and processing departments such as layout, material handling, and utilities needed for project growth
- Continuous improvement of methods and tools used for engineering and execution of project phases, including current equipment and process specifications
- Deliver technical guidance and engineering support to consumer business units
- Act as a consultant to the maintenance department for solving technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical or related engineering science.
- Five to seven years experience in engineering systems design for the manufacturing environment. Two to three years in a plant or manufacturing engineering environment, preferably within the food or dairy is preferred.
- Knowledge of high speed packaging systems design and integrated automation and controls technology.
- Knowledge of dairy process engineering.
- Established project management skills and knowledge of the project management process, tools and tasks associated with preparation and execution of capital projects, financial and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Autocad and MS project
- The ability to work with clients, vendors, and other team members at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Must be proactive and professional and able to take direction effectively.
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- The ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, to establish and adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including weekend or late shifts, during installation periods.
- Must have the leadership, interpersonal and communication and self-management skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Experience with TQM, Six Sigma, and Team Building skills preferred
- Experience developing plans within regulatory compliance (e.g. OSHA, FDA)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.##LI-NORAM
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Supply, Engineering, Operations