The Project Engineer oversees all engineering and technical aspects of capital projects to assure the highest level of accuracy and quality. The Project Engineer prepares, schedules, coordinates, and monitors assigned engineering projects, complying with applicable codes, practices, QA policies, performance standards, and specifications. This position contributes to the successful operation of the company and reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor all assigned projects
- Design and execute capital projects in coordination with staff.
- Monitor compliance in all areas
- Communicate effectively during daily interactions with the personnel to interpret their needs and requirements
- Maintain quality control in every area (budget, scheduling, planning, personnel performance, team dynamics)
- Clearly report on project status
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Engineering and other project participants to provide needed assistance and technical support
- Develop detailed specifications for equipment procurement and construction activities within guidelines established by the Construction Standards.
- Review all contractor work for correctness and adherence to Construction Standards, including enforcing adherence to the Construction Standards.
- Review engineering deliverables; initiate appropriate corrective actions throughout the project lifecycle
- Conduct regular meetings with key personnel representing all affected departments to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Communicate and negotiate with vendors, contractors, city and county government entities, and other outside parties.
- Develop business case justifications and business specific development plans.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute towards a quality environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical Engineering or similar required.
- PMI certified Project Management Professional preferred.
- Experience in food plant engineering processes involving modification and automation of food production processes, refrigeration, electrical, steam generation, and waste water processing.
- Work experience as a project engineer or similar role
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Significant working knowledge of design software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to use specialized software for collaboration and time management, including spreadsheets and project schedule management software like Microsoft Project.
- Familiarity and ability to comply with all applicable rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Aptitude for working collaboratively with multiple disciplines within teams and projects
- Proven success in the areas of project management and supervision
- Basic computational skills required.
- Firm understanding of complex mathematical concepts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship to the company if such accommodation enables individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Employee will be subject to temperatures from 34 to above 100 degrees. An employee may be exposed to the following: ammonia, acids, caustics, chlorines, paints, particles, oils and lubricants, steam, pneumatics, fumes and hazardous gases, sealing compounds.
The Project Engineer should have general knowledge of pumps, pneumatic values, AC drives, motor starters, separators, instrumentation, welding, grinding, butter equipment, fans, high-pressure pumps, electrical troubleshooting, powder packaging equipment, PLC controls, gearboxes, pneumatic system, boilers, ammonia compressors, ammonia system, glycol system, cooling towers, air compressors, pasteurizers. Will be required to utilize a computer and business related software. Will be required to drive between locations of responsibility.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- family medical/dental/vision
- retirement plans
- paid holidays
- paid vacation
- tuition reimbursement
- loss prevention and safety bonus programs