Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Project Engineer - Utilities will be responsible for leading and executing capital projects focused upon the power plant, utility, and distribution systems of the site.
- 30% - Manage capital projects that range from $10,000 to $5,000,000. Responsibilities range from having a participative role in managing an entire project through the effective management of capital funds. Coordinate and review contractor and vendor activity and interface with corporate personnel as required ensuring all standards are maintained.
- 10% - Provide detailed tracking of project timelines and financials including monthly spend forecasts.
- 10% - Develop and maintain the 5-year strategic plan for utilities including replacements, upgrades, and cost savings initiatives.
- 10% - Participate in annual 1-week shutdown planning and execution activities
- 10% - Support troubleshooting needs of the plant regarding utility systems.
- 10% - Responsible for Ammonia Process Safety Management including audits, regulatory compliance, and corrective actions.
- 10% - Support Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process as needed.
- 5% - Member of the Energy Conservation Team.
- 5% - Works with the sustainability team to develop utility conservation and utility monitoring strategies.
- Management of multiple simultaneous capital projects in various stages.
- Collaboration with plant resources to balance schedules, planned work, and assets to meet the needs of the manufacturing plant.
- Leverage WHQ engineering resources to develop utility-based enabler opportunities.
- Development of strategies to ensure the long-term reliability of the plant#39;s refrigeration, compressed air, hot water, steam, and condensate systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting of plant utility upset conditions as needed.
- Provide coverage for the Supervisor - Power Plant.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor#39;s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Education desired: BSME, BSEE, BSChemE
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of five years experience as an Engineer in utility role within a manufacturing environment.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Able to direct and lead others to produce desired results.
- Experience in the development of functional specifications.
- Capable of developing bid specifications for mechanical and/or electrical scopes of work.
- Experience with Capital Management Process to include scope development, estimating, development of timelines, cost tracking, installation, startup, and production turnover.
- Familiar with current OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with Ammonia Refrigeration and PSM systems
- Familiar with natural gas fired boilers, steam, and condensate systems on the order of 200,000lb steam/hr.
- Knowledgeable in boiler gas emission regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of all aspects of plant operations.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments.
- Capacity to approach problems effectively and creatively.
- Experienced team player that brings cohesion, enthusiasm and energy to group efforts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Normal food processing plant environment.
- Limited travel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.