This position plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensures effective communication between all disciplines and all other project participants. They will work extensively with and require assistance from multiple departments throughout the organization to properly define and execute successful projects. Projects will vary greatly in requirements/execution and scope from small installations to large expansions. The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects at varying sites, while maintaining budgets, timing and quality are a must. Candidate must possess a drive to consistently be improving/learning and applying new methods to overcome obstacles/barriers to complete their tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, define, program manage and implement equipment/process/building/utility installations within the integrated supply chain.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects, including contractors/equipment manufacturers/internal support.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients.
- Work with manufacturing facilities on equipment/layout challenges.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Support multiple facilities by identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Support/Lead continual sanitary equipment design updates with FSQ/plant/staff.
- Support Facilities with troubleshooting production/building/equipment issues as assigned.
- Support facilities in development of equipment purchase/project plans for future replacement/upgrades or process capacity increases.
- Participating in meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues. Solicit feedback from facilities and business units to improve project execution.
- Ensure effective engineering and client communications through thorough understanding of the supply chain and the impact of assigned projects/equipment/building changes.
- Travel is Project/Workload dependent, approximately 25 to 40%.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing/Chemical Engineering or Related Experience/Education.
- 5+ years of experience with CapEx projects, Maintenance, Equipment/Process Design and Food Production Environment a plus.
- Project management experience. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Experience with CPG packaging technology and automation.
- AutoCAD Software Experience.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, 3A standards, USDA Regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.