Large, well established food manufacturer is looking for an experienced, hands on Project Engineer with proven successful projects in the food industry. BSME preferred, related degree, experience. Offering nice salary (DOE) and benefits.
Our Story: We take pride in our heritage but we have emerged to market with new purpose. We are a modern global food company…still making the best on the market, but also so much more. Today, we make it easy to offer new and familiar fare, by providing BOLD, on-trend, specialty proteins. We bring excitement to authentic world cuisine.
The support of our combined innovative processes, products, and inspired teams will create a well-versed collaborative work environment, to which will support our growth and success in the food manufacturing space. We strive to find the best talent to assist in guiding our exponential growth.
About The Role:
- Full time
- Mid to Senior level position
- Reports to VP of Operations
- Our Project Engineer will assume accountability for the coordination, planning and execution of both large and small-scale facility / capital projects and the successful delivery of key commercialization initiatives for the company. This role will collaborate with operations and engineering management to define the scope of work, develop project costs, define and manage expectations and coordinate and manage deliverables throughout each project’s life cycle.
Objectives of this Role:
• Lead a core project team (internal or external) to execute with excellence (time, cost, quality) a variety of plant projects, assuring the application of best practices during equipment selection, installation and commissioning so that target performance is achieved as planned.
• Using Initiative Management Best Practices, develops capital appropriation requests including the financial justification, budget and schedule for execution. Leads the execution to deliver a vertical project start-up.
• Conducts regular meeting with project stakeholders to seek their input and arrive at the solution that delivers the highest return for the investment.
• Project Management - Ensure that project scopes are aligned with the strategic needs of the business. Reports monthly capital spend to the Director of Engineering for financial reporting purposes and effectively manages and scope change.
• Identify potential suppliers and guide each through the correct bidding process using proper RFQs. Provides coordination and technical expertise for evaluation of supplier offers and submitting proposals for the most appropriate, cost effective technical solution.
• Coordinate with Finance and Procurement in the preparation of contracts, providing technical requirements and details in order to support contract negotiation and approvals.
• Provide functional and technical support to our plants and project engineering team.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, Master’s is a plus
- Experience with power distribution design, infrastructure electrical design, machine and process controls, NFPA code compliance, and electrical safety.
- 7+ years’ experience in a food-manufacturing environment demonstrating progressive responsibilities.
- Proven situational leadership skills gained from increasingly challenging, responsible and similar positions in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Must have solid understanding of maintenance systems, engineering process, project management methodologies, and capital management expertise.
- Experience implementing and supporting manufacturing methods and driving continuous improvement.