Electrical Project Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position coordinates the planning, organizing, and completion of electrical engineering projects with area of assigned responsibility (examples of projects: replacing drives, equipment installation, upgrading controls, etc). This position works within an engineering process to define and participate in the development of projects to implement or improve manufacturing efficiency and/or general process improvements and initiatives. This position supports mill goals for safety, environmental and other concerns, outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that project objectives are being met.
• Manage and complete projects during monthly and annual shutdowns.
• Provide engineering expertise to Operations and Maintenance departments to help resolve various operating problems.
• Manage all phases of capital and expense repair projects from inception through equipment installation and start-up.
• Coordinate with Operations, Maintenance, management and other project stake holders on an ongoing basis.
• Lead all phases of the project process to include project scopes, cost estimates and schedules, "Authorization for Expenditure" request forms, preparation of drawings for assigned projects by working with consultants, vendors, and mill personnel, etc.
• Coordinate the different disciplines within the Engineering Department on assigned projects.
• Analyze quotations for equipment and installation labor and recommend suppliers.
• Initiate purchase requisitions for equipment, labor, and materials for assigned capital and repair projects.
• Manage the direction of consultants, contractors, and maintenance work associated with assigned capital and repair projects.
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Degree, or similar
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering role (Electrical Project Engineering is highly preferred)
• Experience in managing capital projects (Project Engineering / Project Management). Experience leading Consultants on electrical designs and Contractor teams on implementation is preferred
• Experience in at least two of the following areas preferred:
o Power distribution systems
o Low and medium voltage motor control centers
o Process instrumentation systems
o Process Design
o Distributed control systems preferred
o Programmable logic controllers
o Variable speed A.C. and D.C. drives
o Coordinated drive systems
• Some understanding of PLC concepts (does not need to be a programmer)
• Knowledge of MS Excel
• Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal, and communication skills
Plus / Highly Preferred (Not Required):
• Capital Project experience is a great plus
• Power Distribution experience is a great plus
• Experience in Pulp and Paper or related industry is a plus
• Drafting and CAD (AutoCAD) training / experience is a plus