The Project Engineer may be responsible for the management and support of key projects from inception to completion at one or more of Dawn#39;s U.S. locations. Projects can range from the redesigning of existing manufacturing lines, the installation of new manufacturing lines, focused improvement (FI) initiatives, as well as the creation of detailed equipment specifications.
This position will coordinate with site managers and appropriate engineering/maintenance personnel on the development of Capital Expenditures Requests (CERs) and project timing to ensure appropriate resource allocations are made for strategic and tactical execution of the project(s). Additional collaborations will be necessary with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Accounting to ensure justifications are aligned with the Dawn thresholds on invested capital returns (IRR, NPV, etc.).
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the execution of the project(s) by managing the following:
- Equipment specifications contracts
- Contractor installation contracts
- Gantt charts
- Cross-functional Team meetings
- Financial tracking
- Vendor Management
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) / Sight Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Project review and assessment
- The inception of this position may involve the management of projects already in process or projects on schedule for the remainder of the calendar year.
- This position has indirect responsibility to multiple facilities by coordination and integration through the plant Engineering, Maintenance, and Plant Leadership Teams.
- Apply effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in all directions to multiple levels ofexperience.
- Coordinate all aspects of Projects from inception through completion.
- Manage operational functions within the manufacturing facilities according to budgets while complying with corporate policies.
- Improve PLC Control Programs
- Programming and troubleshooting of Allen Bradley PLC based systems
- Ensure adequate operating and safety procedures are developed and maintained.
- Ensure all relevant legislation and codes of practice are complied with.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications while maintaining high standards of safety, hygiene (food safety),and workmanship.
- Assist in the design and layout of plants & manufacturing lines and in the assessment of new/modified equipment.
- Assist in the management of surplus manufacturing and maintenance equipment.
- Utilize and develop best practices that can be redeployed throughout Dawn.
- Preferred Bachelor#39;s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial/Systems, Manufacturing/Operations ,Electrical/Controls) or
- 15 years relevant work experience preferably in food or consumer packaged goods industry (Dry and Wet Ingredient Manufacturing a plus)
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting A/B PLC systems Additional PLC & HMI softwarepackage experience preferred)
- Strong project management skills
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.