Bilinski#39;s Job Description – Production Manager
Requirements: Meat processing supervisory and management experience, HACCP, SQF Practitioner certification (preferred but not required). Meets daily and weekly production targets, and oversees maintenance, shipping and receiving operations. Experience working in a smaller plant setting preferred.
Job Summary: Ensures that all Bilinski’s products are produced and packaged on time, with optimum productivity, while maintaining quality control, and ensuring that established manufacturing procedures are being followed. Oversee all production departments – production, packaging, and maintenance.
- Ensure consistent, high quality product in accordance with product and packaging standards every time
- Develop and implement weekly production schedule to optimize productivity, to meet customer needs, and to ensure cost effectiveness; adjust as needed throughout the week
- Ensure plant efficiency, using the right people, properly trained, with the right supervision; meet productivity targets
- Track & improve product yields, while maintaining cost-effectiveness
- Ensure all orders are filled on a timely basis, or communicate inability to do so on a timely basis, in cooperation with the President
- Maintain regular communication with President; attend management meetings as required.
- Responsible for gross margin improvement goals
- Maintain maintenance program and manage maintenance team
- Oversee and manage shipping and receiving operations to achieve timely completion of work.
- Employee Management:
- Hiring, training, motivating, reviewing, disciplining, and termination of employees as required to meet the needs of the company.
- Evaluate labor needs and anticipate labor changes for positive or negative growth or seasonality
- Follow and enforce company handbook
- Ensure back-up training for all manufacturing positions, including your own
- Conduct manufacturing department meetings and hold supervisory meetings on a regular basis (at least weekly)
- Implement and lead Bilinski’s safety plan and team
- Ensure safety reinforcement on a regular basis
- Conduct training as necessary
- Ensure sanitation is completed effectively at the end of every production day, monitor and verify.
- Plan and execute weekly, monthly and other non-routine sanitation tasks.
- Work with procurement manager to ensure all supplies, raw material and ingredients are in stock as needed, and replenished to established stock levels.
- USDA Compliance
- Ensure HACCP and SQF Plan compliance as it relates to manufacturing operations
- Interface with USDA inspector as necessary
- Facilities Management
- Open/close plant as necessary
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility and equipment related to plant operations, as well as upkeep and maintenance of the grounds
- Ensure sanitary conditions of plant and grounds
- Maintain security of building and products through establishing and enforcing proper procedures.
- All Other Duties as Required by Management