Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged food company focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States such as Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies®, CupCakes, Voortman#39;s Cookies and Wafers.
The Hostess Brands Bakery in Columbus, GA is seeking talented Production Utility Workers to join their bakery team. The Production Utility Workers are responsible for several bakery manufacturing activities. The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. One must be able to communicate and work effectively in a team environment as well as be flexible in assignments within the utility category. One must be able to follow instructions (written & verbal) safely, accurately complete assigned duties while maintaining GMP standards and participate as part of the Food Defense Team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for placing product in machines to be wrapped or place product into feeders to be boxed. This position will primarily be performing utility jobs, with the ability to break a utility positions.
The Columbus, GA Bakery is a 24X7 operation thus one will work 12 hour shifts and may work any day of the week to include weekends. Four to five days per week is the typical work shift needed in order to meet the needs of the business.
This position will primarily be performing utility jobs, with the ability to break a utility positions.
- Break Relief
- Other duties as defined.
- *Equipment may vary by facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bakery Industry experience highly preferred
- Prefer previous safety training.
- Understanding of commercial bakeries and bakery equipment
- Understands the functionality of ingredients with time and temperature in the baking process
- Understands the unique equipment in a bakery production plant, along with operation of that equipment relative to the baking process.
- Ability to trouble shooting equipment to ensure optimum efficiency and product quality
- Oral and Written Communication - Effective
- Personal Computer Skills - Literate with MS Excel, Word.
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting.
- Manufacturing Environment
- The employee must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach, push, pull, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ladders, and be able to lift to a maximum of 50 pounds. Other Essential Elements Not Listed Above Include:
- Reading, peripheral vision, hearing, understanding scheduling, visual inspection of cake to determine if the product matches stated Quality Standards.
- Putty knife, buckets, rags, paper knife, broom, mop, dollies, hair net and hearing protection. Safety glasses and bump caps may also be used. Regular use of the company#39;s time keeping system and limited use of a calculator, computer and process control sheets may be required.