For more than 120 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker#39;s, Folgers, Jif, Dunkin#39; Donuts, Crisco, Pillsbury, R.W. Knudsen Family, Hungry Jack, Caf Bustelo, Martha White, truRoots, Sahale Snacks, Robin Hood, and Bick#39;s. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix, Milk- Bone, Kibbles #39;n Bits, Natural Balance, and 9Lives. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Area Leader/Team Leader
Work in a variety of areas, in production and packaging, to produce product for the company.
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s).
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
- Assigned shift attendance is required.
- To work in all areas of production and packaging, as assigned, which includes operating, being in close proximity to and crossing platforms over machinery.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Assist fellow employees as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP#39;s and general instructions. Good communication skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. The employee is required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- The employees must occasionally lift/push/pull or carry up to fifty (50) pounds, and should be able to lift 30-35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to work in a cold (40-50 degree) environment.
- The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and yeast materials.
- The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to pass a PFT test.
Employee is required to have a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses. The applicant must pass a standard eye exam.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.