Directs and coordinates activities of cheese production areas in processing raw materials and manufacturing customer specific products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for the total operation of the shift.
- Ensures adherence to production schedule.
- Leader of daily crew meetings that include issues such as: safety, quality and production.
- Responsible for completed chemical checks and ensuring that the information is recorded in the computer.
- Ensures adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for running machinery and troubleshooting problems.
- Creates KPI reports and troubleshoots quality issues.
- Monitors hiring, training of new hires, employee morale and development.
- Ensures adherence to safety principles and practices.
- Directly supervises hourly employees in the milk intake and cheese position.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the culture of Southwest Cheese non-negotiables.
Delivering on Glanbia’s Values:
“Showing Respect” - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
“Find a Better Way” - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
“Winning Together” - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
“The Customer’s Champion” – Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
“Performance Matters” – Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure after hours response in the event of plant outage and emergencies.
- Requires a Bachelor#39;s degree from four-year college or university; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Understanding of TPM and similar continuous improvement methodologies. Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiply projects simultaneously and delegate assignments to others.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, standing and walking, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves sitting, and reaching with hands and arms
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to loud noise levels (i.e. manufacturing equipment).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.