Production Team Leader
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Oversees daily production operations, coach and develop hourly employees, identify and implement process opitmization projects. Provide the leadership that ensures all employees on shift can improve and sustain a zero loss work culture that drives out injuries and ensures products are safe and meet quality specifications. Manage all aspects of shift plant operation ensuring budget, output, and continuous improvement by engaging all employees.
- Assist management in ensuring plant productivity, quality, and safety standards are met.
- Maintain plant safety programs to ensure the safety of all employees and products.
- Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the culture of Glanbia non-negotiables.
- Coordinate production within budget parameters.
- Ensure all plant employees are responsible and accountable to maintain Glanbia GMP and site standards which include FDA, USDA and Idaho state standards.
- Ensure product quality and food safety by ensuring plant employee s sustains quality systems. ( HAACP, SQF, SOP, GMPs)
- Schedule and coordinate shifts and employees work schedules.
- Conduct audits to ensure employees are performing tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Perform inventory checks and sampling.
- Coordinate, with logistics, warehouse and shipping.
- Provide performance coaching to and development of hourly employees.
- Ensure troubleshooting capabilities are developed with all operators and maintenance personnel.
- Liase with maintenance department in developing preventive maintenance schedules, and make decisions regarding emergency maintenance.
- Ensure adherence to production schedule.
- Conduct employee meetings, supervise production workforce and assist in employment resolution.
- Perform hourly employee PDP process and provide feedback periodically on performance, including disciplinary and attendance occurrences.
- Demonstrate professionalism in verbal and written communication and in behavior.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Delivering on Glanbia s Values:
- Showing Respect - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
- Find a Better Way - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
- Winning Together - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
- The Customer s Champion - Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
- Performance Matters - Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
- Bachelor s degree in a hard science preferred but not required; a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiply projects simultaneously and delegate assignments to others.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Must have completed Glanbia s Team Lead certification program.
Typical Physical Activity
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly involves talking or listening, standing and walking.
- Frequently involves sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Occasionally involves reaching with hands and arms, crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to ____85+_____ noise levels in which hearing protection will be needed.
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat, and areas with possible air contamination, fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
- Minimal travel limited within the local area.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.
At Glanbia, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.
At Glanbia our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more.