Bel is seeking enthusiastic, accountable people to join our manufacturing team in Brookings, SD.
At Bel, Safety is our number one priority, and all our team members act as safety leaders in all responsibilities.
Our Team members support each other with teamwork while continuously improving our business goals.
Bel has an in-depth training program and provides opportunity for advancement!
New team members are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and wellness reimbursements immediately, as well as generous paid time off program.
Come grow with us and Be You. Be Ambitious. Be Bel.
Job Description Summary:
The Production Supervisor acts as the front-line supervisor for designated areas of the manufacturing process. This role is key to the manufacturing process and to promoting values and performance-based environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate manufacturing operations to ensure efficient and timely processes
- Train employees in all areas to ensure success in operations
- Assign employees to specific positions to meet the shift#39;s goals
- Champion company policies
- Suggest working condition and equipment use changes to increase manufacturing efficiency
- Manage employee relations (employee reviews, discipline, employee timekeeping)
- Initiate or suggest positive techniques to motivate employees to achieve work goals
- Partner with the other Production Supervisors to coordinate manufacturing activities across departments
- Complete paperwork as required
- Focus on safety, quality and promoting a positive working environment
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices as stated within the policy
- Follows all Safety rules & procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others
- Follows all food safety procedures
- Follows all environmental protocols as applicable
- Follows all sanitation procedures and work instructions
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma with manufacturing experience is required, Bachelor#39;s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in performing and coordinating/supervising manufacturing operations preferred
- Dairy industry experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand documentation relating to manufacturing operations
- Ability to coordinate manufacturing activities to maximize production and minimize downtime
- Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals
- Requires excellent communication skills
Performance Expectations: Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management, coworkers and brokers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the department.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls and talk and/or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above shoulders, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste and/or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while packaging and boxing cheese and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while stacking cheese boxes on pallets. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in wet, humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Protective Equipment: Employees must wear safety glasses, hair net, rubber boots, and ear protection, as required.