Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company team at the heart of our business operations.
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Set high expectations and enable the team to drive results in safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Drive change to impact production results through daily and weekly direction setting including effective start-up and shift handover meetings
- Collaborate with Quality on employee training to ensure food safety, product quality, and GMP requirements are followed and the highest quality standards are maintained
- Partners with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Build an engaged and capable team through training, skills development, effective coaching and communication
- Provide regular authentic recognition and motivate the team through creating a positive work environment
- Lead shift start-up meeting to ensure information is relayed between shifts
- Manage employee attendance, scheduling, overtime and payroll
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues that arise and identify opportunities for greater efficiencies
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all cross functional teams
NOTE: This is a shift position with 12-hour rotating shifts resulting in at least 2 long weekends per month.
Recipe for Success
- BS degree in Science, Operations/Supply Chain, Engineering or Business
- 1 to 3 years work experience
- Manufacturing experience and prior food manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience leading teams of 30+ people
- Ability to work a shift schedule is required, since we are a 24/7 manufacturing facility
- Desire to build a manufacturing career at the heart of business operations
- Continuous improvement mindset
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.