Directs assigned production employees. Performs administrative tasks and maintains communication associated with the activities of a production shift. Assumes responsibility for the shift#39;s performance in safety, quality, sanitation, as well as production. Should effectively coordinate shift performance to attain the goals of DairiConcepts.
- Reviews current and anticipated production at the beginning of each shift.
- Reviews manpower situation to determine needs for efficient operation of shift.
- Assists production employees in the manufacture of the best possible product meeting each of DairiConcepts product specifications.
- Conducts and assists others in conducting investigations to determine and correct cause of out-of-spec products.
- Assists all shift personnel in maintaining highest possible production rate.
- Observes plant safety rules. Instructs production employees in safe operating procedures and plant conduct.
- Helps identify safety hazards and takes appropriate steps to control them.
- Ensures the production of clean and safe food
- Receives and relays all appropriate information and instructions from the Plant Manager to the production employees. Maintains effective lateral communications with other supervisors.
- Responsible for maintaining all appropriate paperwork occurring during shift hours to include absentee reports, bills of lading, production records and laboratory test results.
- Other duties as assigned