Production Supervisor - 1st Shift - Jonesboro, AR
Large, respected food manufacturer in Jonesboro, AR seeking a skilled Production Supervisors with RTE and USDA experience, or further processing protein experience, to join their team.
- Day shift available (6:00 am - 3:00pm)
- Great Benefits, including tuition reimbursement and 401k matching
- Relocation assistance available, including Uhaul payment and temporary housing
- Pay range based on experience ($50,000 - 60,000/year PLUS 6th and 7th day pay)
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead production teams to meet production goals.
• Ensure team member cooperation with safety policies and procedures
• Motivate teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings.
• Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames.
• Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment.
• Evaluate team member performance and assist team members’ performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
• Assist with customer facility audits.
• Assist with plant process improvement projects.
• Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings to support the company mission.
• Hold pre-shift meetings for team.
• Attend cross shift meetings.
• Complete Safety Audits and participate in safety sub committee.
• Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal skills, and team building skills.
• Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
• Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
• Ability to delegate responsibility.
• Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
• Task completion oriented
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
MUST HAVE RTE / FURTHER FOOD PROCESSING EXPERIENCE
Must have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability
Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA.
Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in business or engineering from four-year college or university preferred; OR related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years of experience, including hands-on, supervising up to 50 individuals in a team-based environment and ensuring compliance of work processes and systems.
- Experience in a meat processing facility with an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations will be preferred.
- Strong safety background.
- Must be computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
- Supervisory experience in a team-based environment required.
Qualified candidates will be reached out to quickly.