Responsible for the day to day production floor operations overseeing several hourly production associates. This candidate would ideally need to be bilingual.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervises personnel in the day-to-day production operations of the business to achieve yields, gross margins, scheduling, both raw and finished goods.
- Manage several hourly production associates to achieve quality and delivery targets.
- Assign and plan labor according to daily/weekly production schedules.
- Work closely with maintenance personnel to minimize unplanned equipment downtime.
- Conduct daily production meetings with Plant Manager and other department supervisors.
- Lead improvement activities and verify impact to key daily/monthly metrics.
- Communicate daily results to Plant Manager.
- Drive all aspects of operations to achieve safety, quality, food safety, delivery, downtime and inventory targets.
- Evaluates processes and methods and recommendations on continuous improvement methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product and safety objectives.
- Acts as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production, quality, and work problems as appropriate.?
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations.
EDUCATION: High school diploma required. Education beyond high school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two or more years of supervision or management experience required.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: None at this time.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Able to lead production associates in a high-speed production environment.
- Possesses a dedication to process improvement with a results-oriented approach.
- Possesses computer capability, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook).
- Possesses strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills and planning abilities.
All work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.