JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Sparta, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
This position is responsible for supervising production employees to ensure an optimal balance of quality, service and efficiency in order to achieve operational excellence, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising production associates in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of production activities, including, prioritizing duties, delegating work assignments, and scheduling employees to optimize production and sanitation functions, as necessary.
- Ensuring all quality standards and procedures are maintained. Administers all quality procedures, GMPs, environmental sanitation and housekeeping.
- Responsible for ensuring food safety and legality.
- Participating on cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence and innovation in the areas of processing, methods, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality.
- Overseeing the appropriate training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve Foremost Farms standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Overseeing and coordinating activities of the environmental sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations and Foremost Farms requirements during assigned shift. Assists in regulatory inspections and customer audits.
- Coordinating special plant-wide functions such as production planning and/or scheduling, sanitation, safety, etc., as assigned.
- Evaluating processes and methods, to make appropriate recommendations to continuously improve methods, equipment performance, utilization of people, and quality of product and safety objectives.
- Acting as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production, quality and work problems as appropriate.
- Maintaining and controlling departmental supplies, tools and equipment as assigned.
- Ensuring the completion of all required production paperwork including, records, inventory, inspection, sanitation reports, processing/CIP charts and maintenance work orders.
- Administration of related company policies and procedures, including OSHA and safety.
- Being actively involved in safety efforts including, attending safety meetings, incident investigations, assisting in root cause analysis, auditing, as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position. Must have intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as dictated letters or memoranda, invoices, company policies and various documentation, paying particular attention to grammar. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and applicants of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver s license. Must have strong leadership and mentoring skills. Must have basic level of lean manufacturing /Six Sigma program knowledge. Must be able to obtain certifications as required to complete job expectations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment Protective equipment, such as hearing protection, bump cap, safety foot ware, hair net and food safety related PPE or garb, is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: Associate Degree in dairy manufacturing or related field of study and three to five years of job-related experience. Preferred: is a Bachelor Degree in dairy manufacturing or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience.
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis., is a world class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.
Foremost Farms USA will comply with OSHA testing mandates.