The Production Supervisor is responsible for working with and coordinating the activities of his/ her shift to realize production targets. This includes assisting with all material supply in line with Production/Packaging plan to ensure smooth, uninterrupted operations and supporting any other operational areas needs. The Production Supervisor is a steward of our people centric culture, builds people capability and competency through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly associates. Holds associates accountable to HARIBO s high standards by coaching, counselling and managing performance and accountability. The Production Supervisor is responsible for reporting, investigating, and determining root cause of all safety incidents. This role is also responsible for proactively reporting and partnering in resolving, any food safety/quality problems.
What can you expect?
You will be part of a successful family-run company with core values that is growing internationally faster than ever before. We nurture long-term associate relationships, work-life blend, rich learning environment, and a tangible impact in the company's success.
Are you looking to make a meaningful impact with your work? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you a people-person with a passion for production? Does working in a fast-paced manufacturing plant excite you? If the answer is yes, then this is the job for you! Working at HARIBO inspires childlike happiness through the impactful work, dedication, and passion for our brand. Come join our team, where our associates are our greatest asset!
- Manage the staffing process to ensure colleagues have the training and education necessary to build the job-related skills needed to perform all required duties, safely and effectively, meeting HARIBO s high standards.
- Provide proactive Safety leadership for the line(s), ensuring behavioral based observations and accident and incident reports are completed, including near misses. Review findings and identify root causes & ensure corrective actions are completed, coaching and holding accountable associates that are not in compliance with the ultimate goal being proactively preventing any accidents in the Plant.
- Deliver quality product that is in-specification and right first time. Ensure all quality parameter checks are done correctly, on-time and recorded. Manage the process audit system, on their shift.
- Initiate and drive root cause identification activities and implement corrective action and preventative action plans for line losses.
- Take necessary corrective actions and inform the line manager in times of deviation from our quality and efficiency standards, ensuring integrity and transparency in our operations.
- Promote and maintain good employee relations on the line, both personally and with the Team Leads and extended teams. Lead the team leads and extended team by providing coaching and counselling in conjunction with regular reviews and training, to maintain a high morale on the line.
- Builds relationships with teammates and colleagues so that coaching efforts are received in a positive and developmental manner.
- Partners with the line Technical Support Team to ensure each process and equipment on the line has a centerline and Standard Operating Procedures are identified, including all quality and safety protocols.
- Work with, collaborate and cooperate with the Maintenance Planner and Production Planner to ensure delivery commitments are achieved. Ensure trials, changeovers and maintenance work is planned and completed on time and does not conflict with production schedule attainment. Investigate problems resulting in attainment misses and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor line performance and ensure output, labor and material yield standards are achieved. Maintain a critical work plan for the line, to systematically address problems and implement improvements to achieve year-over-year cost reduction.
- Ensure labor standards are met and consistently applied by all shifts on the line.
- Ensure Product and Performance data is available and accurate at all times. Prepare KPIs and reports for use at the Daily Management System meetings, and to communicate performance to the Site Leadership team and Line teams.
- Partner with the Maintenance team to ensure that work orders and green tags are prioritized and executed to deliver sustained or improved line performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing experience, preferred in a non-union environment.
- Supervisory or management experience is required.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, SAP, and LMS) systems preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written).
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Able to successfully coordinate with other functions to ensure project success.
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands.
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Maintenance and manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Possess a basic Financial Understanding to ensure results are delivered. Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- TPM and/or Lean manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to lead, develop, direct, and hold others accountable to HARIBO s high standards.
- Ability to train others and coach to compliance.
The Happy World of HARIBO is more than a business; we re family. We always have been, since our founding in 1920. For the last 100 years, while we ve expanded internationally and created over 1,000 confectionery treats, we ve known our talented Associates are behind our greatest successes. That s why we re committed to investing in their growth, development and career opportunities.
At HARIBO, you re empowered to charter your own path with mentoring and support from colleagues throughout the business. We encourage you to try new things, think of possibilities and aim higher all while having fun delivering moments of childlike happiness to our gummi fans in the U.S.
Our core values and focus on long-term success continue to guide the way we do business every day. Our success story is rooted in our teams, and giving them the autonomy, support and freedom to make the best decisions for our consumers, customers and each other.
We give back to the places where we live and work. We listen to our consumers and get excited about innovation. We encourage diverse schools of thought and nurture inclusivity. We work to inspire joy through sweet treats that are fun to share. Want to know more about us? Please visit Haribo.com.
We d love to hear more about you.
HARIBO of America, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at HARIBO of America, Inc. is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. The Company s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, including protected veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. HARIBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also HARIBO s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
HARIBO is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please contact the location for which you are applying and ask to speak with the human resources representative or email careers-us Haribo.com.