Directly supervises employees in the Production area. Other responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work flow; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides job orientation of newly hired or newly assigned employees, ensuring knowledge of plant and departmental policies and procedures, learning and enhancement of job skills, safety and quality awareness, etc. Enforce all company rules, policies and procedures. Assist in the investigate of all accidents such as work-related injuries and property damages.
• Achieve results by managing in an effective and efficient manner.
• Confers with management on training needs of production personnel.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Interprets specifications and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
• Reviews time and production records.
• Performs activities of workers supervised.
• Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Conducts employee performance evaluations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must follow safe work practices and comply with all company, federal and state rules and regulations which apply to job, including but not limited to, Right to Know, emergency evacuation, electrical safety, confined space, contractor compliance, blood borne pathogens, and lockout/tagout.
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
• Must have the ability to interact and communicate well with others. Computer skills are required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Application Process: Please send your resume for consideration.
Olam Edible Nuts provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.