The Production Supervisor provides leadership and ensures the safe production of products that meet or exceeds efficiency and company quality to comply with food safety standards. In addition, the Production Supervisor ensures that facilities and processes conform to GMP and FSMA regulations by managing Quality Systems and documentation.
Scope of Position:
- Manufacturing reliability from raw material to finished product.
- Impact to Manufacturing facility’s financial success, growth and reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
- Supervises and develops employees in the Kitchen, Tortilla, Production and Packaging of products to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Leads plant and department Continuous Improvement activities. Organize and lead Kaizen events within the plant.
- Implements existing production schedule and adjusts as necessary to produce products within specifications.
- Oversees and insures all relevant shift documentation for quality, safety, cost, and personnel.
- Responsible for the oversight of quality of incoming raw materials to the production floor and finished products by reviewing lab data and quality data throughout the shift.
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Oversees and or conducts training of new or existing employees.
- Monitors and ensures efficiency of operations. Helps develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all Quality Systems and HAACP, including daily Production methods and paperwork.
- Recommends and implements action plans to correct deviations noted during inspections, audits and daily observations.
- Ensures all work is performed safely and participates in the facility’s safety team.
- Fosters a cooperative team environment within department and among other departments.
- Partners with other business agents to ensure best in class operations.
- Champions a Behavior Based Safety culture and takes ownership of key initiatives and results.
- Provides Leadership and guidance as the acting Superintendent or Operations Manager in his/her absence.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- 3-5+ years of experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Understands food manufacturing and production equipment.
- Understands the functionality of ingredients with time and temperature in the food manufacturing process.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of BRC, GMP’s, HACCP,
- Working knowledge of JIT, and Continuous Improvement Methodology.
- Working knowledge of Inventory Control Management Systems.
Drive for Results
Developing Direct Reports
Building Effective Teams
Supervisory Responsibilities: Enter the number of Direct and/or Indirect Salaried and/or Hourly Reports
- Number of Direct Reports: Salaried 0 Hourly 0-80