Position at Swift Prepared Foods
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world#39;s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing direction and oversight for the safe and efficient operations at our Elkhart, IN facility. Ensure daily production is started at the targeted start times each day, and there is a fluid handoff to Sanitation team members. Implement Lean manufacturing practices and develop and measure KPI#39;s to drive continuous improvement across the operations teams on the shift.
Our ideal candidate will be a results driven production supervisor with great people and communication skills. This individual will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of a food production plant .
- Oversee and lead employee safety training and compliance for all employees
- Execute Plant scheduling of finished product
- Direct Operations shift activities across the plant floor
- Champion Lean manufacturing training and shop floor education for the shift
- Review and analyze daily production data
- Align resources to achieve daily work plan
- Achieve operational goals regarding safety, quality, yields, labor and cost savings
- Implement continuous improvement process to improve yields and profitability
- Collaborate with Plant Manager on new product opportunities
- Coach/develop workforce to maintain employee engagement and identify the next generation of leaders.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Competent on computer, office software and associated equipment
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Will work in cold, possibly wet environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of meat processing, meat processing equipment and packaging
- Planning and scheduling tools
- Tactical and planning execution
- Analytical skills and team building
- Troubleshooting operational issues and implementing solutions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Experience / Work History
- 2-5 years of food manufacturing experience
- Preferred college or technical degree with emphasis on critical thinking
- Production Line employees and leads
- Receiving and shipping
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.