Rana is an international Company known and present in over 60 countries, leader of fresh pasta in the world with a turnover close to the 1 billion $. Founded by Giovanni Rana in 1962, the company has been led for over 30 years by Gian Luca Rana, Managing director and creator of the internationalization project that has led the Group to become a world leader in the filled pasta, smooth pasta, gnocchi, dishes ready meals and sauces. Unlike the traditional nature of the category to which it belongs, the Rana Group has always made of innovation its strength, both in the technological field (with the registration of dozens of product and process patents) and in communication.
Rana focuses its investments in the following areas: the creation of jobs (doubled in the last five years), the research and development; the continuous search for the best quality through the selection of the top raw materials, with the aim of offering consumers only unique products.
Today Rana has 8 factories (5 in Italy, 1 in Belgium and 2 in the US) and it is a large family of 3,500 people who share the same values. The engines of Rana#39;s development are innovation, internationalization, the enhancement of talents, passion and the constant search for excellence.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production employees in a food manufacturing environment. The position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manage, develop and motivate direct reports;
2. Ensure effective employee relations. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Provide employee coaching and administer performance contacts when needed;
3. Ensure that Health & Safety rules and regulations are adhered to and all appropriate Health & Safety programs/policies are followed;
4. Ensure that the quality of the product produced meets specifications and adheres to the quality systems, processes and procedures;
5. Lead department/shift through management of staff to ensure the smooth running of the production process;
6. Balance quality, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results and continuously improve in all areas;
7. Develop solid understanding of ingredients, products, processes and equipment;
8. Ensure problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used by employees to identify root causes and to take fast, effective action to resolve production problems;
9. Work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effectively communicated;
10. Monitor, measure and report on production related performance;
11. Track time and attendance using ADP software, administer performance contacts as required by policy;
12. Lead meetings with employees as required; and
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee.
The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
2. Performance Management
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Results Driven
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Time Management
Job Type: Full-time
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status or sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, and any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.