Plant facility is in Federal Way, WA
Treat Everyone Like Family | Go the Extra Mile | Celebrate Obsessions | Be Responsible to One Another | Grow Together
We are obsessed with sharing the experience of WOW! By doing things the right way we inspire an emotional connection with our hand-crafted food and the community it nourishes.
We have created a culture that is relentlessly focused on uncompromising quality and continuous improvement.
· Work with Leads, Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager to oversee the daily operation of production operations. This includes processing, packaging, and sanitation of all products
· Ensure compliance with established quality standards and the safe operation of all production
· Assist in maintaining a high integrity of the product quality and final production
· Understands production team success measures and assist in tracking progress against them
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. You will manage a team of approximately 50 employees. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Dedicated partnership with other groups on site and within Ellenos to ensure their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing, crafting and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motivates associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
· Provide CI support throughout all areas of the manufacturing environment
· Responsible for following production schedules and making changes when necessary, to ensure continued production levels.
· Monitors, exceeds, and maintains production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
· Observes and enforces safety, GMP and food defense programs
· Responsible for manufacturing, consistently maintaining safe and quality food by ensuring regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
· Ensures a safe, clean, and organized productive quality environment through education and training, communication, and accountability.
· Ensures all policies are adhered to and effectively managed
· Identify and execute special projects to improve efficiency and overall operation
· Utilize new technology and manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency
· Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the proficiencies of the team as per the agreed plan with PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene). Implement strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
· You will ensure a safe work environment at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP#39;s, SSOP#39;s and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished following environmental management.
· Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and make sure personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
· You will provide coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate precise handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
· Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
· Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management.
· Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
· Ensure timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreed with the business unit/area.
· Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in coordination with quality, engineering & administration.
· Review daily maintenance effectiveness with Maintenance Mechanic(s) and Team members to find opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, schedule, and ensure Maintenance & Repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· 5 years in manufacturing / operations environment
· 3 years experience in dairy production
· Knowledge of operations/manufacturing/engineering/quality assurance
· Working knowledge of MSFT Office 365 applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
· Strong CI Background - Involvement and Implementation
· Experience/knowledge of OSHA and HACCP compliance
· Good general math skills
· Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping and safety practices.
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening). Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences, facilitate group coaching, and information sharing. Ability to positively confront and effectively deal with noncompliance through effective "soft Skills".
· Excellent people skills – maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
· Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Be willing to face challenging situations. Develop ability to build personal relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open communication.
· Adaptable – adjust approach to match varied task requirements, adjust behavior to others’ styles, change priorities to meet changing demands, adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
· Ability to run multiple priorities at one time through highly developed organizational skills.
· Ability to set effective and meaningful objectives.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving.
· High energy level and excellent follow-up
· Bachelor’s degree AND 2-3 years of leadership experience, preferably in a food processing / manufacturing environment
· Vat Pasteurization License, Boiler License and HACCP Certification preferred, but not required
At the Highly Developed Level include
- Results Focus – Set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift to achieve them.
- Lead People – Communicate what must be done to gain the understanding and commitment of the people to achieve the objectives.
- Practice What You Preach – Be a role model for his/her team and consistently acts according to the Ellenos and values.
- Proactive Partnership – Works collaboratively with others demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ellenos will be the premier purveyor of the highest quality dairy foods in the USA. We will accomplish this by creating a culture that is relentlessly focused on uncompromising quality, continuous improvement, boundary breaking innovation, a passion evoking retailed experience and a fan following unrivaled in the industry.
Ellenos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ellenos believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.