Oversee operations and supervise assigned employees for each shift. Recognize deviations from standards and determine correct problem resolution, seeking outside assistance when necessary. Oversee the daily management of the various departments ensuring that all corporate, regulatory, safety, food safety, and quality requirements and initiatives are understood and followed production team members. Oversee the transfer and receipt of product, which requires strict compliance to standards relative to safe and secure handling and prevention of product contamination. Coordinate and control packaging and warehousing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining a sound team effort among all workers; determine the quality of work performed and correct performance immediately through retraining and/or counseling.
- Provide instructions to crews and workers assigned to all departments throughout the shift to ensure conformance to quality standards.
- Maintain the position of authority and accountability for employee relations by communicating work and company information to employees on a regular basis; seek employees opinions and ideas.
- Follow the weekly schedule required to meet production requirements; direct the standardizing, product transferring, and tank-changing activities. Maintain accurate shift records of receivals and other production activities as required.
- Monitor all equipment performance to ensure that conditions are normal and standards of cleanliness are met; provide direction in resolving production problems and seek appropriate help when needed.
- Coordinate movement of product to ensure that adequate bag and product supplies are available for packaging and bulk truck loading activities; observe quality of packaged product and assure proper stacking.
- Maintain accurate entries of goods issued and goods receipts in SAP; assign tank fillings and mixing requirements.
- Assist in orientation and training of new employees; record and report all actions which violate safety, dress code, and work standards; monitor unauthorized employee time away from workstation.
- Enter employee schedule and any changes in Kronos.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all plant systems and equipment.
- Attend safety committee meeting on scheduled work days.
- Observe and initiate safety compliance rules with all employees.
- Set up overtime schedule to ensure necessary manpower coverage.
- Monitor and document progressive discipline procedures starting with verbal warnings.
- Follow and enforce all Dairy Farmers of America GMP S and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory quality and sanitation requirements.
- Follow and enforce all safety regulations.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.