Production Supervisor / Archbold, Ohio
Hours: Mid Shift/ 2nd Shift
- Responsible for shift performance in all areas, including Safety, Quality, Total Cost, and Delivery.
- Support Lead Continuous Improvement Initiatives throughout the facility.
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPl's) daily: weekly, and monthly, to include collecting, analyzing, and problem solving based on data collected.
- Ability to lead, communicate, and work with cross-functional teams in a union environment both verbally and written.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in implementing and supervising Continuous Improvement Facility:
Root Cause Analysis (examples: SIX Sigma, 8D, Lean, A3) Changeover Improvements (examples: Line, Product) Managing Process Tools (examples: TPM, 5S, Standardized Work, Material Control, WIP,
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, ability to prioritize in fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience In USDA requirements a plus. Ability to learn quickly is essential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, train, and motivate hourly employees to optimize safety, quality, total cost, and delivery which drives efficiency, productivity, cooperation, and morale.
- Ensure all shift employees, equipment, and areas of operation conform to appropriate health and safety regulations, Including USDA regulations.
- Reward and discipline shift employees in accordance with established policies and labor agreement. Maintain documentation for all such actions.
- Evaluate performance of all new employees during probationary period.
- Maintain current RF Inventory System.
- Maintain direct labor costs within budget.
- Control line usage variance within budget.
- Review plant safety and sanitation practices regularly with employees and recommend necessity changes in procedure.
- Support procedures for effective manufacturing, maintenance, quality, and cost control activities.
EXPERIENCE/ SPECIALIZED SKILLS REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of proven supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- RF Inventory experience recommended.