Mission Foods facility in Jefferson, GA is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to proudly work at this facility. The Production Supervisor directs, plans, controls and monitors the overall operation of the production department lines under the direct supervision of the Department Manager. The ideal candidate will provide direct supervision of a team of up to 35 employees.
- Ensures that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications and GMP’s
- Verify, control and assure that all production parameters are within the planed budget.
- Serve as a liaison between Department Managers and Hourly Employees.
- Schedule work assignments, vacations, and days off for the Hourly Employees.
- Verifies labor hours and pay roll report accuracy.
- Responsible for assessing the needs and provide training to employees and document training.
- Responsible for conducting monthly safety and quality sessions as required and keep adequate documented records.
- Resolve team conflict and issue documented disciplinary actions and recognition.
- Set specific and measurable goals for department’s continuous improvement.
- Follow and direct company regulations.
- Accountable for ensuring that all safety policies and regulations are enforced
- Responsible for safety training, enforcement of safety rules/policies as well as drug control policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 3 years of production experience in a manufacturing plant required. Bakery or food/beverage manufacturing preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or 4 years as a Lead in production required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in manufacturing supervisory role with proven track record in leading manufacturing teams.
- Experience and exposure to regulatory inspections (AIB, OSHA, MILITARY, Health Dept., EPA, City & County Inspectors)
- Experience with Quality Systems and Programs
- Experience with manufacturing safety concepts, applications and committees.
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices, LEAN Manufacturing, 5's, World Class Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Team leadership/development skills, including the ability to supervise people in an organization matrix and get the best out of them, successful in building and mentoring high performance teams.
- Maturity, self-confidence and strong communication skills will be critical for this role.
- A multicultural approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within an internationally matrixed environment.
- Able to perform simple analysis
- SAP & Kronos knowledge preferred
- Effectively communicate in Spanish and English both verbal and written (desirable)
- Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time
- Able to work in dusty, noisy, hot, cold and small areas.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications.
- Be able to lift to 50lbs
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call HR Manager to let us know the nature of your request.