Production Supervisor NEEDED.... OT, great benefits, and room for professional growth
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs sanitation activities to ensure cleaned equipment and period cleaning criteria and requirements are met.
• Ensures compliance with in-house and regulatory requirements.
• Uses statistical process control tools to monitor and adjust operating parameters on equipment.
• Complete assigned Corrective Actions in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Measures and tracks production goals by the process. Use this information to drive the costs down within the departments.
• Measure and track the department’s budget. Utilize the information to drive the costs down.
• Track labor costs and manage overtime to maximize efficiencies at the lowest possible labor cost.
• Provide leadership and direction.
• Make approved corrections to System SOPs, SSOP, and Sanitation Program.
• Provide timely inventories and feedback to the Logistic function.
• Monitor and enforce safety sops.
• Enforces OSHA and Safety Regulations.
• Ensures effective employee relations by providing coaching and development of employees.
• Responsible for developing a team-oriented and efficient staff.
• Creates an environment that encourages employee involvement and fosters innovative process improvement ideas.
• Utilize shift pass-down meetings and plant meetings to communicate progress against measures, share the objectives, and solicit ideas and suggestions from employees.
• Creates and delivers accurate and timely employee Snapshots and efficiently utilizes the Performance Appraisal system.
• Provides adequate time, training materials, and other resources that assist employees in learning their roles and responsibilities.
• Manages a crew of 6-12.
• Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Required: High School diploma/GED or equivalent work-related experience.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Dairy Science, Engineering, Business Management, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the dairy food industry in a production setting.
• Minimum 2 years experience in managing personnel in a highly diverse and challenging work environment.
• Occasional ascending and descending ladders and stairs using feet and legs and hands and arms regularly. Body agility is emphasized.
• Walking: Regularly moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
• Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
• Standing: Particularly for sustained periods on concrete.
• Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by regularly bending the spine at the waist.
• Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction.
• Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
• Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Kneeling: Bending legs at the knee to occasionally rest on the knee or knees.
• Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the leg and spine.
• Lifting: Able to lift to 50lbs occasionally.
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas using the spoken word. Includes activities in which they must convey detailed or critical verbal instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• The worker is subject to environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
• There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level.
• Subject to up to at least 92db’s.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint software.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective prioritizing, organizing, and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies and achieve desired results.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined goals on time.
• Demonstrated ability to balance and achieve positive results in safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
• Experience solving problems, analyzing information, highlighting relevant news, and suggesting appropriate actions.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Identifies and resolves problems promptly and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles.
• Improves working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and increases subordinates' skills and capabilities.