City Brewing Company, a leading contract manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at our Latrobe, PA facility.
To oversee the start-up, operations and completion of assigned production lines including but not limited to: equipment and operator safety, front line quality control checks, proper supplies, instruction on equipment operations, production reporting, material tests, maintaining/improving line efficiencies, and overall packaging employee related skills.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed by adherence to Company policies. ? Ensure front line quality check compliance to meet Company quality standards.
- Recommend measures to maintain safe operations, improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment to increase efficiency, quality and safety of the department or work crew.
- Study production schedule to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, codes, package number, planning sequence of production and other packaging requirements.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures.
- Facilitate daily debriefs with the packaging staff.
- Check and approve hours worked of hourly employees on the lines.
- Work closely and professionally with Foreman on line
- Communication with Warehouse – Brewing – Batching and QA Staff
- Point of Contact on off shift for ALL plant personnel
- Monitor Usage of Line Lube / Cleaning Chemicals
- Monitor Usage of Glue ? Monitor Usage of coder Ink and make up fluids
- Monitor Usage of Shrink Film / Stretch wrap ?
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Check the machinery of the lines for operational readiness and proper setup.
- Oversee the operations of the lines during production.
- Work with Foreman on changeovers to assure proper materials are used, proper amounts are produced and proper codes are used per the Production schedule.
- Frequently review the operator quality assurance checks throughout the shift, also at end of shift sign off on check sheets / make sure that operators are filing sheets out properly
- At shutdown, be present to assure the proper length of run and that all machinery, conveyors, air, CO2, water and chain lube is shut off.
- Make out work orders for repairs or improvements needed on the lines.
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Packaging Manager and Packaging Manager.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Packaging Supervisor. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Minimum High School education
- BA/BS in Business, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred
- Strong background in people skills and hands on front line supervisory experience preferred in the area of packaging
- Experience in a high-speed packaging environment preferred
- Selected candidate must be willing to work any and all shifts, and weekends when necessary to cover the needs of the business
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ity Brewing Company provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, including salary requirements.