Major manufacturer is in search of Production Supervisor. Relocation is available.
We are currently working directly with the hiring manager of a major food manufacturing company who has asked us to locate experienced Production Supervisors with USDA Ready-to-Eat Food manufacturing experience to join their team (Two openings). Qualified candidates will be contacted quickly via phone.
$50,000 - $60,000 per year depending on experience, PLUS 6th and 7th day pay on weekends.
• Excellent benefits including 401k match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and more.
Seeking Strong Leadership and Production food manufacturing experience.
Production Supervisor - Two openings - 1st shift (6:00 am - 3:00pm), 2nd shift (3:00 pm - 12:00 am).
Overview: This Production Supervisor will have overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the production of products on various individual production lines/areas to produce products safely and consistently within quality specifications.
This position will supervise and coordinate activities of production associates to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of responsibility.
• Developing and maintaining positive associate relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of associates under their supervision; ensuring department operates within compliance of HACCP, USDA, and OSHA; and ensuring associates comply with facility safety rules and company policies.
• Will oversee associate training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a competitive cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead production teams to meet short and long-term goals
• Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and procedures
• Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings
• Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames
• Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
• Evaluate team member performance and assist team members' performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
• Assist with customer facility audits.
• Assist with plant process improvement projects
• Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings
• Support the Butterball Mission Statement
• Hold pre-shift meetings for team
• Attend cross shift meetings
• Complete Safety Audits and participate in CST sub-committee
• Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
• Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
• Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
• Ability to delegate responsibility.
• Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
• Task completion oriented
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability. Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA.
• Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in business or engineering from four-year college or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Several years of experience, including hands-on, supervising up to 50 individuals in a team-based environment and ensuring compliance of work processes and systems.
• Experience in a meat processing facility with an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations will be preferred.
• Strong safety background.
• Must be computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
• Supervisory experience in a team-based environment.
We are working with an Equal opportunity employer, committed to the fair and impartial treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status under applicable law.
Salary: $50,000 - 60-000/year, PLUS 6th and 7th day OT pay on weekends
Benefits: Generous paid time off, Paid holidays, bonus incentives, Medical, health, and vision insurance with dental, and 401k match available.
Candidates local to Arkansas preferred, regional candidates also encouraged to apply.