Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our manufacturing backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customers. This area of the company offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you will do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful. We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
Position reports to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resource (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safety and cost effectively achieve performance targets
- Coach, mentor and develop team members t o meet current and future business requirements
- Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the pursuit of TPM
- Utilize and model our beliefs in the execution of daily work activities and decision making
- Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets
- Maintaining safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies
- Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on the floor and off floor review meetings
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Technical team to get resolution
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Tow to five years of experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing with shift or area ownership required
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education & experience; masters preferred
- Prior experience in a beverage, food or other clean manufacturing environment with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulations preferred
- Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead organization initiatives and change
- Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability
- Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification preferred
- Prior experience with TPM a plus!
- Increase in responsibilities over time, reflected in new work assignments, career advancements, and larger scope of work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications; SAP experience a plus
- Grasp of financial factors related to operations performance
- Understanding of production processes
- Ability to work nights with schedule flexibility as needed to cover peer vacations
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.