Lead and engage with production team employees. Plans, coordinates, and supervises the daily activities of their assigned department(s) to insure efficient safe production in a GMP food manufacturing environment.
• Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management
• Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
• Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
• Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
• Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
• At least two years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• HACCP, AIB, and SQF / BRC training is a plus.
• Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
• Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
• Four year college degree in business management, production operations management, agricultural science, food science OR 5 years of supervisory experience
Job Type: Full-time