Production Supervisor - Rolls Plant City FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Plant City FL
Description: Second Shift Production supervisor
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the consistent production of a high quality product in a Bun baking facility while incorporating safety and sanitation standards.
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority ##1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
- Supervises, trains, and coaches production associates
· Coordinates, maintains and monitors production processes and procedures.
· Provide leadership and coaching to workforce in all aspects, including safety, cost controls, employee relations, sanitation and production.
· Implements Company and plant procedures and policies.
· Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority
· Understands levels of scrap and rework in area caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause.
· Review and input dough and wrap schedules into quality system to obtain optimum shift productivity.
· Generate reports through quality system to measure daily production to plant goals. Review production conformance reports to ensure associates are adhering to standard operating procedures.
· Drive quality improvement and process waste elimination through functional and shift team leadership.
· Report accurate counts to office staff for tracking labor, waste and damaged product on a daily basis.
· Executes, maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, orders completion and personnel and/or labor related issues.
· Ensure production lines are adequately crewed with qualified associates to complete each scheduled order.
· Drive department compliance with established safety, GMP, and BRC training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies.
· Conduct routine safety and sanitation inspections to promote employee safety and good housekeeping
· Enforces company policy pertaining to good manufacturing practices and safety standards.
· Takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the BRC system.
· Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
· Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the BRC system and other 3rd party audits.
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Supervisory experience
· 2-5 years’ experience in a fresh baked goods, bread or bun facility or in a fresh food process manufacturing environment
· Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office application.