• Schedule employees; Direct and utilize employees efficiently
• Establish priorities
• Run order / Review running order with Trans / Shipping
• Ensure all orders are filled in a timely manner
• Communicate with all departments on all issues
• Conduct shift meeting for your shift
• Maintain accurate downtime records. Discuss downtime issues with maintenance supervisor prior to the end of shift.
• Perform supervisor walk thru be sure to include additional section for start-ups when applicable.
• Perform line check to look for possible foreign material contamination.
• GMP walk-thrus and follow up discipline. Run a clean shift.
• Follow up on training of employees.
• Perform annual employee evaluations.
• Complete all necessary paper work
• Enforce all aspects of food safety, quality, and legality
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years in a food-processing environment, bakery experience preferred
• Progressive background in supervision and operations
• Demonstrated experience assuring products meet customer specifications
• Strong organization skills and ability to multitask within a fast-moving team
• Experience supervising and evaluating employees
• Demonstrate ability to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly
• Ability to read and review written communication, blueprints, schematics, etc.
• View product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
• Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant, company facilities, community facilities and customer locations. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling as required in a production operation
• To perform the duties of this job, the supervisor must stand; walk; use hands/ finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May occasionally need to lift up to 100 pounds.
• In performing the duties of this job, the plant manager is exposed to wet or humid conditions, hot or cold climate, work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level of the work environment is considered moderate