GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
To produce all orders, monitor production processes and packaging in both press and corn departments, and to ensure quality product is produced on time.
II. SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Select, train, and manage production personnel, providing proper orientation to fulfill job functions in the production process.
- Responsible for product quality and safety.
- On call for start-ups when not physically available.
- Responsible for production start-up and verify that machinery is operational.
- Verify that all stations are manned for production.
- Adjust inventory stock to prevent over or under bakes.
- Coordinate bake schedule with Scheduler, Warehouse, and Transportation Supervisors.
- Monitor all areas of the production process.
- Verify – Monitor the metal detector function, once trained and approved by HACCP team.
- Make necessary changes approved by Total Quality Department.
- Monitor ingredient usage.
- Verify batch cards with process report forms for Press Department.
- Complete 26 Report on a daily basis for corn and press.
- Verify employees’ hours daily.
- Coordinate schedule for the next production day.
- Plans and reports upcoming week’s activities to Shift Manager.
- Perform monthly inventories: bags, first count, and recount.
- Responsible for proper requisition of raw materials and bags from receiving warehouse.
- Responsible for monthly safety training for production employees.
- Support employee Suggestions, Satisfaction Surveys, Employee of the Month…
- Responsible for enforcing all plant rules and regulations with employees, to include but not limited to Safety, GMP’s Sanitation rules of conduct, and Food Safety and legality of our products.
- Any other assignments as requested by management.
- Knowledge, Skillls and Abilities
- Experience and exposure to regulatory inspections (AIB, OSHA, MILITARY, Health Dept., EPA, City & County Inspectors)
- Experience with Quality Systems and Programs
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Team leadership/development skills, including the ability to supervise people in an organization matrix and get the best out of them, successful in building and mentoring high performance teams.
- Maturity, self-confidence and strong communication skills will be critical for this role.
- A multicultural approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within an internationally matrixed environment.
- Able to perform simple analysis
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications.
- SAP & Kronos knowledge preferred
- Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time
- Able to work in dusty, noisy, hot, cold and small areas.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
- Effectively communicate in Spanish and English both verbal and written (desirable)
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 3 years of production experience in a manufacturing plant required. Bakery or food/beverage manufacturing preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or 4 years as a Lead in production required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.