Rousselot is seeking to hire a Production Supervisor / Engineer in our Peabody, MA facility. This position Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines and process equipment to manufacture gelatin.
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time, and a discounted family gym membership. We offer opportunities for growth and advancement and support qualified team members wishing to pursue additional education opportunities.
Rousselot is one of the world#39;s leading producers of gelatin and is a recognized partner in the pharmaceutical and food industries. Our commitment to the health and safety of humans, animals, industries, and the planet ties in with our core values of entrepreneurship, transparency, and integrity. These values are the foundation for everything we do and guide our path as we develop and produce sustainable solutions for our world.
We value our team which is why we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package. At Rousselot, we all work together to ensure the success of our company and improve the world around us.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR / ENGINEER
As a Production Supervisor, you#39;ll ensure our manufacturing process produces at the optimum level. You#39;ll confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding our manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Organizes department#39;s procedures and operations to accomplish objectives in accordance with production and delivery schedule.
- Makes recommendations involving personnel activities.
- Train production personnel, and/or insure proper training.
- Troubleshoot the process and maintain steady conditions
- Analyze long term trends to understand any effects to quality, yield, cost savings & process optimization
- Manage procedures and required documentation for the process
- Lead or assist with small capital projects to help with improvement of the process or replacement of current equipment
- Work with production and operations personnel to decrease water, chemical, and energy usage while maintaining or improving gel yield and quality.
- Support plant-wide quality and safety goals by participating in cross functional teams
- Bachelor#39;s in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or comparable
- 1 Year experience as a production Supervisor
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an industrial process environment
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Experience designing and installation of new equipment
- Comfortable using MS Excel and other basic computer applications
- Possess strong communication skills, be flexible and work well in a collaborative environment
- Strong Analytical Skills
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you are a qualified Production Supervisor / Engineer, and you feel that you would be right for this position in our Industrial Manufacturing Facility, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Covid-19 Company Guidelines:
Darling & Rousselot are working to protect our employees and their families to the extent possible while still maintaining the ability to operate our business functions.
- Mask/face covering is required in the production facility and for drivers
- Mask/face covering in the office must be worn in common areas and/or according to state, county, city regulations.
- 6ft distancing MUST be enforced.
- Remember to wash your hands frequently and sanitize your plants common areas frequently.
- Please remember, you should still social distance 6ft outside of work to eliminate personal exposure.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link :