Production Supervisor Swing Shift (ex. 2-10pm) - Job Type: Exempt Full-time
Are you an experienced Manager that thrives working in a fast paced, production environment? Do you enjoy contributing to the success of our customers while providing them with unmatched product? IF yes, Dawn Foods wants you! Dawn Foods is proud to employ the top talent in the baking industry. We offer competitive pay and Benefits! Salary will be commensurate to experience along with full time benefits DAY 1 of your employment!
Dawn welcomes candidates who have the desire to succeed within a team environment and appreciates a family-owned company. With 100 years in business our Values drive our decisions, shape our interactions and are an anchor to our heritage, who we are and what makes us different. Make Dawn Foods your next career choice Today!
What#39;s in it for you?
- Salary Exempt
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability - Available DAY 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Program with company match and immediate vesting
- Sick/Personal/PTO Days
- Plus is much more!!
- What you will be doing
Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Production Team. Ensure safe production of high-quality products to meet the customer#39;s needs in the most cost-effective manner. Promote both food and personal safety.
- Interviews potential candidates for employment and makes hiring recommendations for direct subordinates.
- Participates in promotion, discipline, and/or discharge of team members within the scope of responsibility.
- Collaborates with Human Resources as necessary on disciplinary actions to promote adherence to company policy.
- Assigns and directs daily work to team members so that production lines are adequately staffed, production schedules are met, and production efficiencies are met or exceeded.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls, and provides regular progress reports to the Production Manager.
- Confers with Production Manager to coordinate department activities and exchanges with other internal departments and external customers.
- Complies with federal, state, local and company laws, policies, regulations, and specifications (i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, AIB) promoting the same for staff and subordinates.
- Ensures adherence to established procedures, including GMPs and the Dawn Handbook to ensure overall product quality and safety. Assists in internal safety audits to ensure compliance.
- Provides for team member safety by promoting safe work practices, monitoring compliance with EHS policies and minimizing physical hazards to promote an overall safe work environment.
- Participates in the appropriate selection and usage of resources (materials, systems, and/or equipment) required for the effective operation of the department.
- Studies production schedules and estimates hours needed to successfully complete the assignment and ensure efficiency standards are met or exceeded.
- Confers with management and other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- May perform line work, as needed, to ensure production schedules are met.
- Assists with internal audits to ensure that compliance with FDA, OSHA, and AIB methods, policies and procedures are being followed.
- Conducts ongoing employee training on equipment, job duties, company programs, compliance issues, etc. to help team members become adequately prepared to conduct their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Oversees the regular review and repair of production equipment to ensure that all lines are operating safely and efficiently.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Demonstrates the "Dawn Values" of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
- Bachelor#39;s degree preferred
- Food manufacturing is a prerequisite and is expected
- Three years#39; supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment; Bakery preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential
- Proficient in basic math skills
- Computer skills required
- Good organizational skills required, with the ability to prioritize
- Must have the ability to resolve issues in a professional, organized manner
- Must be able to handle many diversified tasks at one time
Reports to: Production Manager
Supports: All subordinates#39; positions
Supervises: Production Team Lead
Production Team Members
Works with: All other departments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis. Bending, standing, stooping, reaching, and pulling on a semi-regular basis
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.