Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises employees to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Achieves budgeted targets for raw material yield, labor, and packaging materials usage for shift.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all production reporting related to shift.
- Schedule and conduct production meetings with shift personnel.
- Audits work stations to ensure SOPS are being following routinely.
- Collaborate with warehouse and quality assurance personnel to ensure prompt shipment of product.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate reporting of shift production data.
- Maintain GMP/Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Oversees and/or conducts shift training of new or existing employees.
- Drives productivity, quality and safety initiatives throughout production to impact productivity and the cost structure
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the companies Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Oversees the management of shift production personnel including appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and documenting all safety/accident incidents
- Ensures production is in compliance with SunOpta QA standards, SOPs, HACCP, and GMPs
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Human Resources, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Warehousing, and Finance to meet production targets.
- Communicate and execute the production schedule.
- Manage labor and material resources to maximize efficiencies and yields.
- Protect company assets by the direct intervention of any condition resulting in the abuse of equipment or buildings.
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented and communicated to all employees.
- Adheres to company GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A college degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five years related supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of food manufacturing. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position works hand in hand with the production staff and 95% of the time will be spent on the production floor. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer