The Production Supervisor has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring safety, quality and efficiency in production by performing a variety of tasks such as, preparing work assignments, preparing equipment for production, making sure that all quality standards are met, enforcing company policies and procedures, and by supervising employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Manage line equipment, employees, and raw materials so that all are prepared to meet the production schedule by planning ahead and anticipating production needs.
- Monitor production and employees to ensure that all safety and quality standards are met.
- Identify problems, coordinate and facilitate meetings with appropriate groups as required to identify and implement solutions.
- Supervise and manage employees by ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed, initiate disciplinary action and evaluate performance.
- Conduct frequent line tours and adhere to standard work.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and on time.
- Communicate with managers and other supervisors about status of employees and production.
- Coordinate production schedule with required maintenance, and follow up to ensure maintenance is effective.
- Lead and conduct safety training and make sure all employees have required safety equipment.
- Promote team environment and facilitate cross functional teams to drive Safety, Quality, and Productivity improvements.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Company policies and procedures.
- Facility and warehouse processes.
- Relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The production equipment supervised by this position.
- Effectively supervising and coaching employees.
In order to promote a manufacturing environment that is safe and efficient for both personnel and food, the ability to effectively communicate in basic English (both verbal and written) is required. This includes the ability to speak, read and comprehend safety instructions, rules and warnings for self and others in both normal and emergency situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Ability to meet production timelines.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel, SAP/TRM software.
- Ability to effectively facilitate Work Team meetings.
- Foster the Continuous Improvement philosophy.
- Ability to identify and implement solutions using the team process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including verbal and written.