At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift - COI in City of Industry, CA manufacturing facility.
- Works closely with all associates directly assigned to the aseptic and/or ESL and/or Processing production teams as well as associates in the Logistics, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Continuous Improvement, Process Teams, and Human Resource departments.
- Conducts plant tours every two hours, reading multiple instruments, and noting any discrepancies. If any discrepancies are found, communicates with employees, and Operations Leader for root cause of problem. If needed, creates action teams with appropriate associates, and provides leadership in restoring problems that may arise
- Inputs data found from plant tour and explanations of downtime of processes into DSR database.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all employees and visitors. Ensures all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics are followed by employees, supervisors, customers, and visitors at all times.
- Is able to problem shoot, problem solve, and root-cause analysis with employees’ concerns and questions.
- Communicates Standard Operating Procedures and plant rules to all production team members and ensures that they are implemented and strictly adhered to. When necessary, schedules employee safety CBT’s.
- Ensures that only the highest quality products are produced, not only in the product itself, but in processing, packaging, coding, appearance, and every other indicator.
- Attends appropriate meetings including preventive maintenance meetings.
- Attends appropriate Union meetings and is able to justify managerial actions to employees, Union Stewards, and Union Leaders.
- Monitors annual production budget set by operations manager.
- Meets production rates and yield as specified by the operations’ goals.
- Shift time is 10pm to 6am with meeting overlap