Our client is a leading food processing and packaging company. The company serves a mix of retail and foodservice customers with its branded and private label offerings.
The Production Supervisor will coordinate daily activities for the production and/or packaging.
- Reviews daily production schedules to determine availability of labor requirements, type and quantity of ingredients and/or packaging material requirements.
- Starts, adjusts, or sets-up production and/or packaging and labeling machinery, or utilizes the maintenance department for assistance when needed to help set-up equipment or for repairs.
- Inspects and measures raw and/or finished products to verify conformance to specifications. Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment if products fail to meet standards.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations, work rules and the Union Contract. Includes adherence to AIB, GMP#39;s, FDA, OSHA and HACCP requirements. Observes workers to assure compliance.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve safety, working conditions, productions methods, efficiency, cost reduction, asset utilization, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains production and/or packaging lines in a neat, organized and sanitary condition while the lines are in operation.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work related problems.
- Maintains documentation for production, down time, efficiency, productivity, scrap and other reports as required.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments to insure continuity of operations. Conducts a daily walk through at shift change with the relieved supervisor to assess plant and operating conditions.
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complies with all Food Safety requirements.
- 3+ years in an automated, high-speed packaging environment
- Ability to track KPI#39;s, efficiencies and implementing continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Ability to analyze reports and plant performance
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Proficient in Word and Excel
3rd Shift Hours: 11:00pm - 7:00am