The Production Supervisor is responsible for production processes by providing direction and supervising staff ensuring that company policies, procedures, and government laws are followed.
Department: Vat Room on 2nd shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operation problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance, sanitation, safety and other personnel as may be necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, and warehouse services.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Responsible for ingredient usage and all other department costs.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc).
- Encourages suggestions form employees which will improve production, quality, safety, and /or control costs of production.
- Keeps processing manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Maintains consistent communications and monthly department meetings.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
2+ years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations
- Able to train and motivate department personnel
- Able to supervise department personnel in a fair and consistent manner.
- Must be able to recognize problem situations and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish verbal communication skills are a plus