Job Title: Production Supervisor -2ND SHIFT Reports to: Production Superintendent
Department: Production Date: 7.23.19
Basic Function: Supervise, Schedule and coordinate activities of associates on shift.
Plans, controls, and organizes all aspects required for the efficient production on the assigned line(s) including, but not limited to, the production of all daily and weekly orders in a timely, efficient, and orderly fashion.
In the absence of the Production Supervisor, another Production Supervisor or Production Superintendent will assume these responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Plans, controls and organizes all aspects required for the efficient production of all daily and weekly orders in a timely and orderly fashion. Ensuring employees are trained & meeting Production expectations.
Major Essential Functions:
- Schedule and coordinate activities of employees Supervised.
- Meets established deadlines and objectives for shift.
- Maintains employee relations and adhere to company policies, taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintain company standards for GMP’s. SQF & FDA
- Observe all safety practices and maintain a safe working environment.
- Coaches, Mentos, recruits and motivates subordinates.
- Maintains good employee relations and adheres to company policies taking proper and judicious disciplinary measures when is required.
- Completes payroll timely and research pay issues as needed. Complete evaluations in a fair and timely manner.
- Motivates and leads team in a progressive manner with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and Team work.
- Floor leader for plant continuous improvement efforts.
- Be able to operate all aspects of entire line in order to facilitate training of employees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and verifies appropriate application of all codes to all orders.
- Works with other warehouse personnel to ensure all raw materials are on hand for line (s) Supervised.
- Maintains stocking area in a neat and orderly manner to ease inventory counting.
- Possesses understanding of and experience using production management software and equipment (. For example, bar all code, scan guns and label printers etc.).
- Works directly with and reports to Superintendent
- Works with all other production supervisors and Operations Team.
- Must have Experience working with yeast raised sweet breads ideally in a wholesale Bakery
- Must be hands-on and able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend, stoop, and squat frequently throughout shift.
- Must be computer literate and able to make good, sound decisions.
- Advanced communication skills required.
- Promote safety awareness and develop safety goals with team.
- Report injuries or incidents to Supervisor & Human Resources.
- Proficiency using JD Edwards, SAP, IR scanner guns preferred
- Advanced organization skills required.
- Four year bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of related experience.
Excellent Salary, Benefits and relocation package available