Join our family and be part of our dynamic team in a new state-of-the-art facility in Mocksville, NC!
Job Title: Production Supervisor, 1st Shift
Location: Mocksville, NC
Reports to: Production Manager
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for the effective placement and utilization of team members, equipment, and other resources to ensure quality and consistent high yields and line efficiency. Utilizing a "One Team, One Mission" mentality, this position collaborates with and supports the efforts of multiple departments (such as other production lines, Safety, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Sanitation), to achieve food/personal safety and minimize downtime, inedible, seconds and excessive costs.
About Brakebush Brothers, Inc.:
Since 1925, our privately owned and U.S. operated family business fulfils its mission to exceed customer expectations with quality chicken products at competitive prices and provide a safe and quality work environment for our employees, consisting of competitive wages, great benefits and optimum working conditions.
Brakebush Brothers, Inc. currently has four locations. Our original plant in Westfield, WI is a further processing plant that houses the corporate offices and our fleet, Brakebush Transportation, Inc. Our Wells, MN and Mocksville, NC are additional further processing facilities and the Irving, TX location is a raw portioning operation. Through high capacity production lines and a national distribution network, we provide over 200 products for Foodservice, Industrial and National accounts across the United States.
Brakebush takes pride in continuous improvement, learning and development of our employees at all levels, employee wellness initiatives and ongoing support of our community and charities.
We offer amazing benefits:
Medical/Dental/Vision, Flex Spending Account, Vacation and Holiday Time, 401(k) with Company Match, Life and AD&D Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement. Optional Additional Benefits: Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Telemedicine Services – Doctor and Nurse Line.
Mocksville, NC is home to many of our 300+ employees: Currently the home to over 5,000 people, Mocksville provides small town living with easy access to larger cities via I-40, I-85, and I-77. An affiliate of Main Street America and one of the 50 safest cities in North Carolina, Mocksville is constantly working to make themselves an attractive, vibrant, and charming town for citizens to live, work and play.
- Empowers team members, through supervision, training, and feedback opportunities, to meet and exceed expectations for productivity, quality assurance, waste management and food/personal safety.
- Ensure compliance of company policies and procedures, safety regulations, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s, HACCP and SQF.
- Coordinates and guides team on a variety of production situations including start-ups, shutdowns, product changeovers, change management concerns and sanitation.
- Leads the performance appraisal and progressive, corrective action steps to promote positive and safe teamwork environments.
- Improves quality, yields and throughput.
- Demonstrated three years supervisory experience in a USDA regulated facility leading a production team OR a bachelor’s degree and two years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated production knowledge.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong interpersonal skills, to include professional verbal and written communication, a team-focused approach, and the ability to model composure/make decisions in stressful situations.
- Able to organize and coordinate work within schedule constraints and handle emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior experience in a poultry facility
- Prior supervisory experience in a food processing setting (Further Processing experience preferred)
- Prior experience with SAP or Infinity
- Knowledge of general First Aid and CPR
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise the production team members at the Mocksville facility.
Work Environment: Wide variations in environment temperature (-10 freezer, 32-degree coolers, 40-degree plant, wet cold environment) noise, slippery floors and moving equipment.
Physical Demands: Position will include extensive standing, sitting, lifting, wearing factory required equipment while working in production, walking, visual, responding quickly to sounds and driving.
Position Type: This is an exempt position. The shift varies: first, second, third or floater. Some Saturday work required.
Travel: Travel is not required.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: Brakebush Brothers, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring, training, or promotion policies. We will not discriminate against job applicants or employees for reasons of race, religion, color, sex, handicap, age, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and background check required.