1st Shift Production Supervisor
We're looking for a 1st Shift Production Supervisor for a privately held food manufacturer located in Philadelphia PA. The 1st shift hours are from 7:00am to 4:00pm. The company is stable, growing and profitable; and the culture is family oriented. They manufacture high quality baked good products branded and private label.
Benefits includes medical/vision/dental insurance, 401k plan with match, employer paid life insurance, paid holidays, personal holidays and vacation. As well as, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, social security and Medicare.
- Lead a production crew to meet daily production requirements; assist in line set up
- Maintain an environment that assures a high level of employee and food safety awareness
- Supervise, schedule, coach, train, lead and motivate a shift of production workers to meet planned objectives
- Prepare and assist in regulatory and customer inspections
- Collaborate with others to improve performance as measured by waste, downtime, and efficiency
- Operate to Quality and Production standards; recommend improvements
- Maintain proper morale and teamwork within the department
- Control inventory
- Trouble-shoot problems
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and discipline
- Maintain positive union relations
- Coordinate with other departments when necessary – Sanitation, Receiving, Other Production Lines, Shipping, and Maintenance
- Prior commercial bakery experience
- Ability to work all shifts and Saturday (required)
- Knowledge/experience in FDA, USDA, and food plant operations and safety (required)
- Awareness of pest control in a food plant environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The position is subject to manufacturing, warehouse, and distribution environments which include proximity to moving parts and exposure to heat, odors, and noise.
- The position requires the employee to stand, walk, sit, reach above shoulder level, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires flexibility regarding start-times and the number of hours to be worked daily
- The position is salaried exempt, not qualifying for overtime pay. Standard work week is currently 4 days (subject to change) an additional days pay will be paid for working a 5th day.