Production Shift Manager - Rexburg, ID
Are you the perfect blend of leader & achiever that motivates others to accomplish goals as a team?
Who We Are
What makes an amazing meal so great? The people who create them - those in kitchens and dining rooms everywhere who work hard to plan, prepare and cook every dish to perfection. They#39;re heroes in our eyes, and it#39;s our job to set them up for success. We are proud of our 85-year history, and we credit success to our startup mentality and strategic focus on providing tasty and innovative products to kitchens, cafeterias, and dining rooms throughout America. Our supportive and collaborative culture is driven by our mission - to make mealtime victories happen every single day.
Where We Are
Our locations in Southeast Idaho provide the family-friendly feel of a small town with plenty of nearby nature to explore. This area is perfect for the outdoor activities lover and is only a short distance from two national parks!
What BAF is Like
As a relatively flat organization, you have a voice from your first day, along with opportunities to explore, learn and develop new skills with challenging and rewarding work. We#39;re focused on your success, both professionally and personally, and we are committed to helping you every step of the way. We are a family-owned, family-friendly company that empowers and supports our employees. We live out our company values and expect all team members to do the same.
Our Production Shift Manager provides leadership and supervision across multiple production & packaging lines to ensure people & food safety as well as achieving manufacturing efficiency goals.
What will you do as the Production Shift Manager?
- Our company depends on our Production Shift Manager to ensure the safety of both people and food. You will be significantly involved in the SAFE process to maintain our commitment to safety. Coach employees on all aspects of their job duties in the safest manner possible.
- You would be responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair & timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution while living our BAF Values.
- Oversees adherence to production and packaging schedules and crew assignments.
- Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, prevent out of specification production, oversee line maintenance, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
- Our Production Shift Manager facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Works with team leads and Continuous Improvement Coordinators to ensure that the crew is properly cross-trained and follows the principle of TWI.
- Acts as the on-shift representative for emergency response coordination, and compliance with Company policies. Responds to people issues as needed
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements through communication, documentation, training of team members, and adherence to sanitation guidelines and GMP#39;s, including the HACCP program.
- Responsible, in part, for meeting the requirements of various supplier certification programs and audits. Maintains plant cleanliness to a satisfactory degree.
- Demonstrates a daily commitment to the continuous improvement process by following Lean Manufacturing concepts and the BAF Values. Strives to improve each work process. Identifies/implements value added and cost savings activities and projects.
Do You Have the Ingredients to Become a Basic American Foods Hero?
We#39;re Looking for Someone With:
- Bachelor#39;s degree and two years related experience is preferred; OR 5 to 7 years of directly related experience.
- Must possess supervisor or managerial experience
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills necessary
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts on a rotating day & night schedule with every other weekend off.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds is required
Additional Traits That Set You Apart:
- Microsoft and database knowledge preferred
You#39;ll Love Working Here if You:
- Love what you do, and it shows. The employees who work here are passionate about what they do and proud of the impact we make in the world with our food.
- Are knowledgeable and confident, but never boastful. While we are proud of our company, our team and the products we create, we are humble and down to earth at our core.
- Are looking for a competitive salary and benefits. Including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick time, life and disability insurance, and adoption assistance.