Philadelphia Macaroni Company is a fifth-generation family owned business renowned for our history of pushing boundaries and seeing the opportunity that lies within our partners’ most difficult pasta challenges. For an international customer base, we develop and manufacture all styles of dry, frozen and specialty pastas for industrial, branded retail and food service applications. Additionally, we offer full vertical integration through our milling division, Minot Milling. All pasta and milling facilities are BRC, Kosher and Organic Certified and designed to meet the demand for both traditional pasta products and those designed to capitalize on emerging market trends.
We have an immediate opening for a bright, motivated individual to join our Operations team as a Planner/Scheduler in our Warminster, PA facility. Great opportunity to make a difference and be part of a growing team!
Support the company delivery and inventory objectives through the timely procurement of raw materials & packaging, timely scheduling and release that supports production capacity constraints and customer delivery expectations. Monitor open order status to identify potential delivery risks and recommend alternatives.
- Monitor short and long-term material requirements needs, develop and implement effective plans to assure material availability.
- Control the opening and closing of manufacturing jobs for the manufacturing floor and coordinate schedules with management.
- Control the flow of materials from the supplier. Document and return non-conforming materials and identify replacements.
- Builds and maintains daily production schedule.
- Communicates product revision changes to suppliers immediately.
- Communicates schedule changes to production team immediately.
- Analyzes material needs and makes appropriate material procurement and production decisions.
- Monitor vendor on-time delivery performance and quality and escalate concerns to Plant Manager if issues are identified.
- Maintain inventories at minimal levels.
- Follow sales orders to ensure high service levels to our customers.
- Take a proactive role in continuous improvement of the Inventory System.
- Schedule in-bound and out-bound shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related plus 4 years related experience required OR
- Minimum of a High School degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience, preferably in a materials/planning role required
- Computer proficiency skills required; specifically, Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to multi-task; effective time management skills necessary.
- Strong organizational and planning skills required.
- Critical thinking skills required.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be attentive to details and possess effective time management skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team required
- Must have the ability to walk on concrete floors, stand and climb stairs occasionally
- Must be able to occasionally perform work in a hot, humid or cold storage environment
Our company offers a competitive package including vacation, paid holidays, bonus based on performance, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance and voluntary Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and life insurance benefits. Come grow with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer